There’s a million reasons to visit Ft. Lauderdale Beach but one of the best reasons is to sample fresh seafood and South Florida’s unique culinary experiences. Ft. Lauderdale and surrounding areas have some of the best seafood restaurants in the United States if not the world. Fresh seafood from many lakes, the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean gives Florida an edge over just about any other state or country. Well, now you have an edge with this Top-Five list so when you’re visiting Ft. Lauderdale you and your family will know exactly where to go without experimenting.
5. Sushi Rock – If you like raw fish – this small but superb sushi bar and restaurant is ideally located on trendy Las Olas Boulevard. Their delicious fish is fresh and many varieties are caught only a few miles away. This restaurant can get busy at meal times but is worth it!
1515 E Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale FL 33301
4. Rustic Inn Crabhouse – An old favorite for locals and tourists alike! Fresh garlic crabs are served in big bowls and make for a long, casual feast. You may have to work a little for this meal by cracking and snapping crabs but it’s totally worth it if you enjoy crabs and other fresh seafood.
Rustic Inn Crabhouse
4331 Ravenswood Rd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
3. Sea Watch on the Ocean – This excellent seafood restaurant offers delectable fresh seafood and is right on the beach. Enjoy phenomenal ocean views where Mahi Mahi practically leap from the ocean surf onto your plate.
Sea Watch on the Ocean
6002 North Ocean Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33308
2. 15th Street Fisheries – This memorable restaurant is situated directly inside Ft. Lauderdale’s nautical landmark, Lauderdale Marina. They provide a superior complement of fine food and fun along the waterway near the 17th Street Causeway drawbridge and Port Everglades inlet to the Atlantic Ocean. Arrive by boat or car, but stay awhile and enjoy the wonderful seafaring ambiance.
15th Street Fisheries
1900 SE 15th St, Lauderdale Marina
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
1. Plaza Bistro – This wonderful outdoor restaurant is located in the heart of North Beach Village and deserves the number one spot. This bistro is relatively new on the scene – but their creative genius with fresh seafood has launched them into the stratosphere! Enjoy sea breezes, live music and the freshest seafood in the area. This little gem of a restaurant offers big taste and original dishes. If you’re staying at AQUA Hotel – you’re in luck! Plaza Bistro is close by and can be walked there. Also, a recent promotion offers a complimentary appetizer for guests when ordering an entrée.
2900 Belmar Street,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33304